Detroit Tiger’s Baseball 2013The Detroit Tigers travel to Texas to challenge the Rangers in a four game weekend series beginning on Thursday. Justin Verlander, Rick Porcello, Anibal Sanchez, and Doug Fister are the scheduled starters for Detroit. All games in this series begin at 8:05 p.m. ET. ESPN will carry the Tigers/Rangers finale on Sunday Night Baseball.May 18th, 2013GO GET 'EM TIGERS!!
Tigers 2, Rangers 1 FINAL
On Friday night, Rick Porcello had good command of an array of pitches to baffle the Rangers and hold them to one run on just five hits, and led the Tigers to beat the Texas Rangers, 2-1.
Porcello's lone mistake was a home run off of Geovany Soto's bat in the bottom of the fifth. He struck out six men and walked one.
Jose Ortega, Drew Smyly, Joaquin Benoit, and Papa Grande combined to shutout the Rangers the rest of the way. Valverde earned his fourth save.
Miguel Cabrera went 3-for-4, with a walk, and drove in a run with a double in the fifth inning to give the Tigers the lead 1-0. Two batters later Miggy scored on a sac fly from Alex Avila. Cabrera's average has swelled to .376.
Game three is Saturday night. Anibal Sanchez is the scheduled pitcher for Detroit.
- Happy birthday to Brandon Inge. He turns 36 today. Hate all you want. He is still one of my favorite players. #Tigers #Pirates #mlb 18 minutes ago
- “@norunsupport: oh good the tigers are the sunday night game, can't wait” It will be strange to not have an afternoon baseball game. 1 hour ago
- RT @Dan_Dickerson: For 2nd time in 3 days, a #Tigers starter got knocked out in 3rd...sloppy defense and a lot of hard-hit balls led to his… 10 hours ago
Approved Detroit Tigers Blogs
- Leyland's hopes for horse racing milestone dashed
- Changeup helps Porcello move past ugly outing
- Bullpen stepping up to assist starting rotation
- Garcia starts in center field for Tigers
- Fister aims to give bullpen a break in Texas finale
- Anibal unable to get out of third inning vs. Rangers
- Tigers set to honor '68 World Series champs
- V-Mart impresses Leyland with tough at-bat
- Verlander, Leyland aren't shaken by one start
- Miggy's rocket shot proves too close to call
Tag CloudAlex Avila Andy Dirks Andy Oliver Armando Galarraga Austin Jackson Brad Penny Brad Thomas Brandon Inge Brayan Villarreal Brennan Boesch Carlos Guillen Casper Wells Charlie Furbush Curtis Granderson Daniel Schlereth Dave Dombrowski Detroit Tigers Don Kelly Dontrelle Willis Doug Fister Duane Below Edwin Jackson Ernie Harwell Gerald Laird Jeremy Bonderman Jhonny Peralta Jim Leyland Joel Zumaya Johnny Damon Jose Valverde Justin Verlander Magglio Ordonez Max Scherzer Miguel Cabrera Nate Robertson Phil Coke Prince Fielder Ramon Santiago Rick Porcello Ryan Perry Ryan Raburn Scott Sizemore Sparky Anderson Victor Martinez Wilson Betemit
Tag Archives: Ramon Santiago
Here is today’s Dugout Report – a quick look at some of the bigger news concerning the Detroit Tigers. In certain cases the the Dugout Report will be a feature, like the report from Monday which can listened to on … Continue reading
It was a conclusion made by most Detroit Tigers fans before the season ended, but it was never really made official until today. Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Guillen will not wear a Tigers uniform when the 2012 season begins. Both … Continue reading
Detroit Tigers at Oakland Athletics The Coliseum, Oakland, California Friday, September 16, 2011 Tigers 3, Athletics 1 FINAL WP: Doug Fister (9-13, 2.98 ERA) LP: Trevor Cahill (11-14, 4.31 ERA) SV: Jose Valverde (45) DET HR: D Kelly (5, 7th … Continue reading
Kansas City Royals at Detroit Tigers Comerica Park, Detroit, Michigan Tuesday, August 30, 2011 Royals 1, Tigers 2 FINAL 10 INN WP: Joaquin Benoit (4-3, 3.40) LP: Aaron Crow (3-4, 2.51) DET HR: R Santiago (4, 10th inning off A … Continue reading
Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers Comerica Park, Detroit, Michigan Tuesday, August 16, 2011 Twins 1, Tigers 7 FINAL WP: Justin Verlander (18-5) LP: Nick Blackburn (7-10) DET HR: R Santiago (3, Bot 6 off P Dumatrait, 2-0, 0 Out, None … Continue reading