Detroit Tiger’s Baseball 2013The Detroit Tigers travel to Texas to challenge the Rangers in a four game weekend series beginning on Thursday. Justin Verlander, Rick Porcello, Anibal Sanchez, and Doug Fister are the scheduled starters for Detroit. All games in this series begin at 8:05 p.m. ET. ESPN will carry the Tigers/Rangers finale on Sunday Night Baseball.May 18th, 2013GO GET 'EM TIGERS!!
Tigers 2, Rangers 1 FINAL
On Friday night, Rick Porcello had good command of an array of pitches to baffle the Rangers and hold them to one run on just five hits, and led the Tigers to beat the Texas Rangers, 2-1.
Porcello's lone mistake was a home run off of Geovany Soto's bat in the bottom of the fifth. He struck out six men and walked one.
Jose Ortega, Drew Smyly, Joaquin Benoit, and Papa Grande combined to shutout the Rangers the rest of the way. Valverde earned his fourth save.
Miguel Cabrera went 3-for-4, with a walk, and drove in a run with a double in the fifth inning to give the Tigers the lead 1-0. Two batters later Miggy scored on a sac fly from Alex Avila. Cabrera's average has swelled to .376.
Game three is Saturday night. Anibal Sanchez is the scheduled pitcher for Detroit.
- RT @Dan_Dickerson: For 2nd time in 3 days, a #Tigers starter got knocked out in 3rd...sloppy defense and a lot of hard-hit balls led to his… 4 hours ago
- “@tigers: FINAL: Rangers 7, Tigers 2” frustrating loss tonight! 4 hours ago
- RT @cnnbrk: Winning numbers for largest multistate Powerball jackpot are: 22, 10,13,14, 52 and Powerball number is 11. http://t.co/iKYazZ… 5 hours ago
Approved Detroit Tigers Blogs
- Leyland's hopes for horse racing milestone dashed
- Changeup helps Porcello move past ugly outing
- Bullpen stepping up to assist starting rotation
- Garcia starts in center field for Tigers
- Fister aims to give bullpen a break in Texas finale
- Anibal unable to get out of third inning vs. Rangers
- Tigers set to honor '68 World Series champs
- V-Mart impresses Leyland with tough at-bat
- Verlander, Leyland aren't shaken by one start
- Miggy's rocket shot proves too close to call
Tag CloudAlex Avila Andy Dirks Andy Oliver Armando Galarraga Austin Jackson Brad Penny Brad Thomas Brandon Inge Brayan Villarreal Brennan Boesch Carlos Guillen Casper Wells Charlie Furbush Curtis Granderson Daniel Schlereth Dave Dombrowski Detroit Tigers Don Kelly Dontrelle Willis Doug Fister Duane Below Edwin Jackson Ernie Harwell Gerald Laird Jeremy Bonderman Jhonny Peralta Jim Leyland Joel Zumaya Johnny Damon Jose Valverde Justin Verlander Magglio Ordonez Max Scherzer Miguel Cabrera Nate Robertson Phil Coke Prince Fielder Ramon Santiago Rick Porcello Ryan Perry Ryan Raburn Scott Sizemore Sparky Anderson Victor Martinez Wilson Betemit
Tag Archives: Austin Jackson
Austin Jackson is not in tonight’s Tiger’s lineup against the Houston Astros because he has been placed on the 15-day DL with a hamstring injury. Andy Dirks will appear in the leadoff spot and Don Kelly will start in centerfield. … Continue reading
The Detroit Tigers opened the 2013 season on the road against the Minnesota Twins at Target Field. Justin Verlander earned the first – yes, the first – opening day win of his career, 4-2. Previously, “JV” had four no decisions … Continue reading
Although it has been a mild winter, still it has been an exceptionally long one without baseball. Keeping track of the off-season moves of our favorite teams adds flavor to the gray-colored skies. But it holds us over for just … Continue reading
Cleveland Indians at Detroit Tigers Comerica Park, Detroit, Michigan Sunday, August 21, 2011 Indians 7, Tigers 8 FINAL WP: Phil Coke (2-8, 4.45 ERA) LP: Ubaldo Jimenez (1-1, 7.29 ERA) CLE HR:C Santana (19, 4th inning off R Porcello 0 … Continue reading
Here is the starting lineup for the Detroit Tigers for Saturday, August 20, 2011. First pitch is at 7:05 p.m. EDT. There is a chance of thunderstorms at game time. WEATHER CF Austin Jackson RF Magglio Ordonez LF Delmon Young … Continue reading